Current Resume as of 2009
2404 Tudor House Street. Apartment 304. Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 email@example.com
New York State Provisional Certification in School Counseling, K-12
Florida State Professional Certification in School Counseling, Pre-K-12
Long Island University at C.W. Post, Brookville, NY
Master of Science in School Counseling, 5/06
State University of New York/College at Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 5/02
Webster Elementary School, Florida 2008-Current
and Group Counseling:
-Social / Emotional Counseling
-Behavioral Modification Counseling
Threat of Suicide and Threat of Violence
-Responsible for reporting all threats of Suicide and violence to District heads
-Assess level of threat
and consult with District Leaders and School Psychologists to determine what course of action should be taken
Test Coordinator-FCAT, SAT 10, CELLA
-Assemble and distribute materials
-Keep materials safe and secure
Faculty on how to to conduct testing
Head of Character Education
- Responsible to scheduled and assisted
in Character Education Assemblies
-Created Positive Referral System A.K.A. 'Caught being good" to acknowledge students
for positive behavior as well as improvement in behavior
Homeless Education Liason
-Identify Homeless students
and ensure family's are aware of their legal rights and benefits
-Train faculty on Homeless Education and Legality
of the law
Exceptional Student Education
-Engaged in identifying and evaluating ESE students using RTI and
-Familiar with Cumulative Records and IEP's; ensure teachers are aware of each student's IEP
-Conduct Parent / Teacher Conferences
-Interact with faculty members and parents concerning issues
-Attend "Staffings" with Staffing Specialist and other faculty members when student is either acceptd
or denied into an ESE Program.
Administered K-Bit for IQ Scores
-Assessed students for gifted
FCAT, SAT 10, CELLA, K-BIT
-Administered and Scored SAT 10 and K-Bit
Leader of School Based Leadership
Team/ Postive Behavior Support
-Help formulate Campus Wide Behavioral Expectations for all students -and encourage faculty to practice and reinforce expectations
-Responsible for composing meeting agendas
-Liason to district coordinator
Conduct meetings/schedule meetings; help implement PBS strategies
-Created faculty survey on areas of focused- posted on the PBS Website
Member of TIPS Team
-Help identify student's educational difficulties and implement interventions to help
student succeed academically or behaviorally
Member of RTI Team
Member of Steering Committee
heads and administration meet to discuss a vareity of school issues, and engage in the decision process
for reporting abuse to DCF
-Interview the students
-Coordinate with DCF workers to investigate possible abuse
-Resposible for contacting outside agencies to assist students with a variety of social, emotional
and behavioral issues
-Lifestream, Children's Home Society, DCF
-Programs include Children's Clinical Onsite Counseling,
Therapeutic Behavioral Counseling, Potentials Counseling
Head of Anti-Bullying Program
Bully Prevention- PTO presenatation to students and parents on the anti-bullying law; signs your child is bullied, how to
talk to them, how to boost self and and related information
-Responsible for assessing
whether or not bullying occurred among students, and reporting findings to the district coordinator
Experience working with Guardian et Liems and attorneys
-Resposible for creating anti-drug / anti-smoking themes each day for one week
-Program designed to discourage use of engaging in legal and illegal substance usage.
Lunch Duty and Pick up duty
Assist in the Morning Announcements
School Counseling Internships
NORTHPORT MIDDLE SCHOOL, Northport, NY 1/06 – 5/06
Counseling Intern – 300 Hours
- Responsible for providing both group and individual counseling and support to students within this
school’s “Time-Out Room,” a space designed for students experiencing social, behavioral and/or personal
- Established school Buddy Program to help newly enrolled students with the transition process into
new school setting; designed questionnaire to facilitate pairing of students with similar interests.
- Provided crisis intervention services when necessary; made referrals for outside support services
- Facilitated peer mediation training.
COMMACK HIGH SCHOOL, Commack, NY 9/05 – 1/06
Substitute Counselor (1/06)
- Completed two-week assignment providing counseling coverage within this high school’s guidance
department; worked with students in selecting and scheduling courses for upcoming school year.
Counseling Intern – 400 Hours (9/05 – 12/05)
- Responsible for providing counseling and support services for a caseload of students, grades 9-12.
- Assessed students’ educational needs and made recommendations for course selections for upcoming
year; resolved scheduling conflicts and made appropriate adjustments.
- Reviewed student transcripts to ensure completion of credit requirements and fulfillment of New York
State standards for graduation.
- Scheduled and conducted parent-student conferences to review college application process; reviewed
- Attended Child Study Team meetings to review students with behavioral issues and devise support strategies.
- Supervised Job Shadow Program; created forms to determine students’ career interests; initiated
contact with local businesses to identify opportunities for students with matching interests; coordinated student visits.
PEDERSON-KRAG CENTER, Smithtown, NY 8/06 –
Respite Care Service Provider
- Responsible for providing respite care services for a culturally diverse caseload of 10-12 clients,
ages 5-18, diagnosed with various psychiatric disorders.
- Prepare weekly progress notes for each client; meet with team of support providers to review client
progress and implement modifications to service plans as needed.
- Establish and facilitate weekly socialization group for children and adolescents.
- Created service provider manual to ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures.
LOCUST VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL, Locust Valley, NY 09/07-present
Teaching Assistant, Special Education 1-1, Locust Valley High School
- Assist "Special Needs" student with academic, behavioral, and social adjustment
- Monitor student's "School to Work" transitions
- Ensure student comprehends course related material and successfully completes scheduled courses
Nassau Counselor’s Association
Exemplary Practice Committee Member, 2004- Present
Western Suffolk Counselor’s Association
- Animal Care Provider, The Little Shelter, No-Kill Animal Shelter, Huntington, NY 9/05 –8/08
Enter supporting content here